When a flood strikes your home or business, a fast response is vital. In an ideal world, we would be able to predict these events so that you could prepare accordingly but since this isn’t always possible then our team will do everything in their power to get there as soon as they can and help with any damages incurred!
Within a few minutes:
- Water spreads and saturates everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into all porous surfaces and structure, such as walls, ceiling, upholstery, photos, books, clothing, carpet, and more
Within 1 to 24 hours:
- A musty odor occures
- Drywall and fiberglass insulation starts to break down
- Furniture and other wood material start to swell and crack
Within 48 hours to 1 week:
- Paint blisters
- Mold, mildew and bacteria grow and spread
- Home structure swells and warps
- Flooded zones become unsafe for humans and animals
More than 1 week:
- Cost and time of restoration dramatically increase
When it comes to emergency floods, speed is vital. That’s why Roto-Rooter plumbers have proven themselves as being fast and experienced when responding at any time of day or night – even on days where there are natural hazards like rainstorms!
Basement Flood Cleanup
You can’t afford to take any chances with your home. That’s why you need the most experienced, reputable flood emergency plumbing company in town! Our team is available 24 hours a day and 365 days of the year so we’re always ready for when something goes wrong at night or on weekends.
You can never be too careful when it comes to your home. Even with a floor drain and/or sump pump system installed in the basement, flooding is possible due to storms or appliance failure which overpowers clogged drains. Failures of plumbing systems also lead flood victims into desperation mode!
The first thing to do is keep all people and pets away from the flooded area
- Call your local Roto-Rooter
- Call your electrician
- Shut off power circuits to the home if the circuit box is accessible
- Call your insurance company