Water Restoration Technician – Ventura, CA
RotoCo, Inc. is the largest Roto-Rooter Plumbing franchise in the nation--an industry icon with 40+ years of success and nearly $50 million in sales. RotoCo, Inc. has a rapidly growing service area that currently spans from North San Diego County to Sacramento County. Each employee plays a vital role in our success. We pride ourselves on being part of the Roto-Rooter national brand while still feeling like a family-owned business. Here at RotoCo, Inc., the work environment is modern, team-oriented, and very fast-paced. We are rapidly expanding and looking for candidates to join our family!
RotoCo, Inc. is looking for exceptional water damage restoration experts to join our team of talented Technicians. A successful candidate for this position will have the knowledge, diagnosis skills, and experience of standard water damage restoration, water extraction, drying, and moisture testing equipment for all types of flood cleanup situations on both residential and commercial properties.
We are looking for career-minded individuals who manage their time efficiently, possess exceptional troubleshooting skills, works well in a team environment, and loves working with our customers.
In staying true to our culture, “RotoCo, a great place to work!” we reward our employees for their hard work and excellent job performance.
Why start your career at Roto-Rooter?
- Career Development
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Hours
- Great Benefits
- MORE JOBS!
- Fun & Rewarding Work Environment
Additional Compensation: Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Card
- Company vehicle
- Company work phone and iPad
- Company uniform
- Paid Training
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check-in with Branch Manager and Dispatcher each morning
- Ensure your appearance is "Roto-Rooter ready!" beforearriving at the shop to start your shift - Neatly groomed, uniform is clean, and your shirt is tucked in
- Maintain a clean, organized, and stocked company vehicle
- Visit new assignments/jobs for water mitigation and restoration projects
- Receive dispatch notifications to jobs, write estimates, and convert sold estimates to invoices all on a company given iPad.
- Scopes and assesses construction/deconstruction damages within disaster sites, cleaning strategies
- Coordinates mitigation repairs, meets deadlines, and ensures the construction/deconstruction project gets completed to standards
- Work directly with customer insurance companies
- Provide multiple options to customer in the form of "Good, Better, Best"
- Follow-up on unsold estimates
- Perform all work in an efficient and professional manner
- Provide a clear explanation of diagnosis and proper solution
- Attend monthly tailgate meetings
- Communicates and works efficiently with Project Manager
- Follow ALL company policies and procedures
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in restoration/reconstruction- Trade certifications are a plus!
- MUST have a valid California driver’s license & clean driving record - no moving violations
- MUST have a clean criminal history and be able to pass a drug test
- Familiar with insurance claims, and working with insurance companies
- Basic knowledge of water categories and ability to identify each
- Ability to work weekends and on-call night shifts
- Willingness to be a team player
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic knowledge of smart devices
- IICRC certified a plus!
- Experience with sump pumps, water heaters, broken pipes, leaks, and floods
- Working knowledge of drying equipment, moisture readers, leak detection, and mold removal
- Ability to run heavy equipment such as a Bobcat, Backhoe, etc. is a plus
- Able to enter and exit trucks without endangering yourself or others
- Able to lift heavy equipment, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Able to work in the heat and observe proper safety precautions while doing so